Resume of Ian Berke
- 2824 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
35+ Years in San Francisco Real Estate
- Focus on architecturally interesting residential properties, $700,000 to $4,000,000, closing approximately 16 purchases/sales annually.
- Appointed by the San Francisco Association of Realtors to the Professional Standards Committee (1992-2001); elected director (1975); served on the Grievance Committee (1976-79, 1987-91) and the MLS development team (1987).
- Charter member, Real Estate Roundtable.
- Restored four Victorian homes.
- Expert witness: standard of care (residential real estate).
Engineering Training and Experience
- Planned and scheduled construction of nuclear power plants with Bechtel Corp.
- Planned and supervised road, airfield and building engineering with RMK-BRJ in Vietnam for four years, following two years active duty as an Army Corps of Engineers lieutenant (1 year in Vietnam).
- Graduated Colorado School of Mines: geological engineering.
Personal Interests and Affiliations
Architectural history and preservation
- VSA architectural summer school (Newport)
- Attingham Study Course: Yorkshire (2005), Madrid (2006)
- Architectural history tutorials: London (1996), Paris (1998), Florence (1999), Rome (2000), Venice (2002), Sicily (2009), London (2005), Madrid and Barcelona (2006)
- Stained glass tutorials: New York (1996), London (1996 & 2005), Boston (2006)
- Member, Society of Architectural Historians
- Member, Victorian Society in American; past president, Bay Area Chapter
- Member, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Board member, Pacific Heights Residents Association (1993-2009)
- Member, San Francisco Heritage & Victorian Alliance
- Board member & lecture chair, American Decorative Arts Forum (1988-2002)
- Member, Association for Gravestone Studies
- Collector of 19th century American furniture, glass, ceramics, lighting, and folk art.